Thursday, October 29, 2009

What I see every day...



I've taken these the past few days on my walk to and from work, and just thought I'd share.  I carry a little camera around in my purse with me, and unfortunately I think I've been spoiled by the Nikon.  But the little one is still great to carry around to catch moments with, and there have been a few days lately on my walk to work where I just have to stop and stare at some of the gorgeous fall colors that are popping up.  I love all the leaves on the sidewalks.  I can smell them too... nothing like the smell of leaves in the fall. :-)

Anyway, a few of them are blurry because I have to snap while I walk.  It's not too bad though.  Enjoy. :-)



















 

Well that's about it for now... not too eventful, just some (blurry) pretty fall colors and views.  I snapped this one this afternoon... there was a pothole in my parking lot the size of... well, I can't think of something that's very comparable in size.  It was about 3 feet wide and probably 6 inches deep.  My SUV sank into it, so I know some cars had major issues with it.  I finally emailed somebody about it yesterday morning, figuring it would be a while before I heard anything.  I got back in my car today, and noticed this...

 

They filled it!  Nothing special, but hey, I'm thankful, especially for the state responding so quickly.  And I can say that, because I work for them. :-) Now I can't wait for all the rest of the alligator cracking that covers the rest of the parking lot to crack around and away from the patch.  But hey, I'm happy for now.  It's the little things.

No comments: