Saturday, November 28, 2009

The Martins, Acapella

So in my search to find the name for that hymn the chimes played last night that I just can't remember for the LIFE of me, I've been scrounging around the internet for lists of hymns from hymn books and all.  For some reason, a song rang a bell in my head that I know well from years ago.  My grandparents like the Gaithers, and I grew up with a lot of the hymns and songs they sang.  So yes, I'm a gospel fan. :-) With my parents, we had some CDs of music from some absolutely amazing groups that would perform on there.  This was one of them... their performance of "The Doxology."  I found videos of them on youtube, and I've been sitting here for over an hour, while I wrote the last post, listening to their various songs.  It captures me.  It's just incredible what these people can do with their voices.  I don't care what kind of music you like - you can't deny the beauty in this harmony and in the amazing talent they have.  It gives me goosebumps.  Plus, the message in itself and the song are beautiful already on their own.  (Tip:  Seriously, don't watch... just listen first.)



If you want more, check this next one out from the same group... totally different feel and is a bit bouncy at the beginning, but the last half is insane.  Gospel doesn't get much better than this.

Haha, and a hilarious tip from a comment at the bottom - check out Mark Lowry at 1:36. :-)



And now, I must go to bed... with some great music in mind.  (By the way - I enjoy this in my head MUCH more than Christmas music!!  Yes, I'm still putting it off as long as possible! :-) )

No comments: