Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Random musings of the day...

Just a few of my thoughts from today...

There are just certain days that it seems like the stupid people come out on the road... all at the same time. Or, as I also like to say, everybody wore their stupid hats.  Today was one of those days.  Hmm, random braking all over the interstate - seems like a good idea to me!  Swerving all over the place, especially a few feet from my bumper - always fun for all!  Sheesh...

I also was reminded today of just how lazy people can be.  I was working on entering paper surveys, and it just amazes me how few people actually write legibly and make sense of their words and thoughts.  I was able to decipher most of it pretty well, but it is frustrating to spend so much time doing that when all it would take is them taking 2 more seconds to write so that somebody else could read it.  But it just reminds me of how lazy and conditioned the world has become, with each person being allowed to think it's all about them, and that's all that matters.  It would be such a better place to live if everyone stepped back a little from that.  And I truly believe you get what you give.

And lastly, if you live in the Triangle area and are not ready for Christmas spirit, do NOT (repeat, DO NOT) go to the following radio stations:  106.1, 101.5, 102.9 and 99.5.  (Am I missing any??)  Surprisingly, 93.9 has not joined in yet. Maybe they figure everyone else is doing enough already and they're just going to stick with their normal continual Christmas during all of December.  I found all this out today by flipping through the preset stations in the car, trying to find some normal music, making sure to avoid hitting 106.1, as I found that one out yesterday MORNING (yes, a Monday morning... that was fun).  So while channel surfing today, I changed over to my rarely-used FM2 presets.  Loved the surprise when even 2 of those had jumped on the wagon.  So I had to break out the CDs.  Seriously, are all the stations going to have a monopoly come December and make us listen to NOTHING but Christmas music?

Aaaaand to top it all off, the TV commercials on right now are all playing Christmas music.  YAY.  Same thing happened last night - I had Jingle Bells stuck in my head, which of course isn't going to fly.  So I had to go rock out to some real music before bed, just so I wouldn't fade into winter wonderland and dream of Christmas yet.

I'll leave you with one of those truly awesome songs... always makes everything better. :-)

No comments: