Friday, March 12, 2010

Around here lately...

Not much new around here, besides the usual busy stuff... guess that contributes to my lack of blog updates...

I have been reminded yet again this week that headaches stink.

Everybody kind of seems in and out of funks, me included. Lately it's been one of those where I can really see a 180 coming, with respect to my activity levels, motivation to exercise and eat right (all the time, not just some of the time), desire to cook more, and do some of the things I've had on my things-I-want-to-do list for quite some time. Just don't feel like I'm quite on the road toward that yet. Maybe the spring weather making its way in is exactly what we all need.

I'm pretty bummed because my camera is sick and had to go away to the camera "doctor" for a little while... hopefully it can come home soon. Maybe that's where the funk comes from, mine at least... lack of being able to get out and take photos, which is something I take a lot of joy in.

Speaking of photos, I do have tons of them to upload online and share with folks. I love taking the photos, but it the sharing that I've got to work on getting better at. Haha, so don't be surprised to see photos from last summer or other events finally making their way on here at some point. I should actually take this time as an opportunity to do just that, while I'm not adding to the collection with new ones.

Speaking even more of photos, I spent Saturday night at my parents' house, stuffing photo albums with wedding pictures. The grandparents don't have internet access, so Mom wanted to take them the actual photos to be able to see in person. We got them all printed - over 1,000 photos - and Mom and I spent a few hours slotting away photos, along with a little wine, and some good laughs with Jason and Dad sitting by watching us work. :-) Here are the finished products, all 3 are honestly practically FULL of photos...


In other news, I found a new recipe to try - Beef and Bean Enchilada Casserole (linky). I've been searching for recipes to use for dinners for chicken and other meats besides beef, plus some dishes that have fiber and are filling and energizing. This one fit the bill great. I used chicken instead of beef, and a few other substitutions for items I didn't have on hand, and it turned out yumm-o. Also feeds us both for 3-4 different meals. Definitely will keep this one in the rotation.


That's about all that's going on in the Lee life right now... speaking of which (topic for another time) - I just have to say that it is SUCH a pain to change your name. Seriously. I thought it was annoying to sit at the Social Security office and DMV for hours on end - those were a breeze compared to the headaches I've had with processes elsewhere. I'll stop now, or else you'd get many more paragraphs of complaints about something that should be so much simpler.

So, now THAT is all that's going on.

2 comments:

Mary-Leah said...

Jeff and I have been married over three years. I'm STILL having trouble getting my name changed on things like my Safeway card (I get sick of hearing "thank you, Mrs. Gordon" - ugh) and even the school district website that calls me on an automated system. Crazy.

Sarah said...

Wow, that is ridiculous. And you just reminded me of yet another place I need to change my name - grocery store cards. I keep going places like the gym or to get a haircut and remember that I need to change it there too. Like you said - crazy.