Thursday, September 17, 2009

Illegal Community College

Well, it's happening.  We've been hearing about it for a while, but here ya go.  At least our governor actually is against it (yes, I actually agree with something she said)...

http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/6019223/

A little different info, and a video:
http://durhamcounty.mync.com/site/durhamcounty/news/story/41926/nc-community-college-committee-allows-undocumented-immigrants/

Please tell me what sense this makes.  Please.  Because I can't see any whatsoever.  People ignore the most obvious word in the very phrase they're using over and over - ILLEGAL.  But hey, what do I know?  I'm not a politician, driven by my own agendas.  Hey, why should I care about the best interests of our state's citizens??  I'm not a member of some Board, like the Board of Community Colleges, or the Board of Transportation.  What would I know?  You have to be a lawyer, or developer, or politician to know that stuff, right?  Those are the people qualified to be on those Boards, not someone who is actually involved in the subject matter... (please note my dripping sarcasm...)

I'd love to know what anyone reading this thinks.  You probably know my stance, but I'd love to know any other opinions.

No comments: